Ewan Birney of the European Bioinformatics Institute
Another Encode leader, Ewan Birney of the European Bioinformatics Institute in Britain, said: “The louis vuitton sale genome is just alive with stuff. We just really didn’t realize that beforehand.” “What I am sure of is that this is the science for this century,” he said. “In this century, we will be working out how humans are made from this instruction manual.” The new insights are contained in six papers published Wednesday in the journal Nature. More than 20 related papers cheap louis vuitton handbags are appearing elsewhere. The human genome consists of about 3 billion nucleotides — the “letters” — strung one to another in chains. Specific stretches of those nucleotides carry the instructions for making specific proteins. The proteins, in turn, become the blocks of tissues and the enzymes, hormones and carrier molecules that do most of the cell’s work. The Human Genome Project identified the correct linear sequence of those letters. At its completion in 2003, only 21,000 genes had been identified — far fewer than most biologists predicted. Furthermore, the genes constituted only 3 percent of the cell’s DNA, leaving biologists to wonder about what function, if any, the remaining 97 percent had. Encode was created to try to answer that louis vuitton outlet question.